Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 25 - The Redecorating Blues

How long before you redecorate a room in your house? Do you keep the same motif for years and years, or is your Being incapable of withstanding sameness for too long?

When I was younger, I used to be the type of person that changed around her living spaces all the time. I needed a change, even if it meant moving everything back to the way it was 6 months before, it was still a change. Now, not so much. I pretty much stick with something and it remains. I am going to be one of those people that has the same photos hanging on their walls for 20 years, in the same place. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying...

Which brings me to my son. He's not the type who likes change too much, he is comfortable in his surroundings and likes things 'just so' too. But he wants his bedroom changed to Football "stuff" now, and it's not a quick fix. I suppose I don't have a problem with that, except for all the time and effort I put into his bedroom 3 years ago. We are in Indy, so he chose a racing theme. He dreams of Fatheads now (life-size wall graphics), goal posts, lockers to put his gear in...
My head is spinning. We have so much football going on this time of year that I think he has just been brain washed.

Hopefully it will pass once the Superbowl is over? I don't really know, but I do know that it's less work than a puppy. A puppy that he has been obsessed about in his mind and can't wait until he turns 11 (which is when we said we could discuss it).

Perhaps Santa will drop a couple new jerseys under the tree and it will distract him from wanting a giant Peyton Manning or Marvin Harrison on his wall charging at him?

Maybe we'll tell him he can't have a Football room until he's 11. It will ease my redecorating blues I have about this situation.

Here's what it looks like now, although the furniture is different from this picture, the walls are the same. Wouldn't you have a hard time changing this after all your blood, sweat and tears too?










2 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh I would never want to change that, it's beautiful!

Wendy @RunningonMTT said...

Oh I feel your pain - we are going through the same thing. I love Carter's room but it's so hard to know what their interests will be down the road. We paired the boys up in bunkbeds so we need to change Tiernan Diego decals out. It was a quick fix from his baby room last year...a mere 12.99 at Sears so I'm not that heartbroken but the whole paint and redecorate is not fun!!! Our room is still in remodel mode since I felt I needed a change from when we moved in 8 yrs ago...and I have no clue what I want to do in there. Anyways, I should blog about this instead of taking up your comment space...LOL!